Facilities at Queenswood
The extensive grounds of the Country Park offer the following facilities:
- 47 acre tree collection (arboretum) with over 650 rare and exotic trees in an attractive parkland setting
- 123 acres of semi-natural ancient woodland designated as a Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) and Local Nature Reserve (LNR)
- Easy access paths and waymarked trails
- Licensed café in restored timber framed building, serving snacks, ice creams and hot meals
- Toilets including a disabled toilet and baby changing facilities (open approx. 9am -5pm daily)
- View point with panoramic views from the Malvern Hills in the east across to the Black Mountains in the west
- Picnic facilities, including three on-site barbecues
- Woodland children's play area
- Reading seat in the old orchard - discover a quiet, mystical place to sit and read your favourite story
- Animals of the Forest sculpture trail
- Herefordshire Council Parks, Countryside and Leisure Development Service office
- Electric mobility vehicles. Two vehicles are available for hire midweek (April to October subject to weather conditions) to help you explore the park
Queenswood Café is a licensed, family-run cafe located on the edge of the wood. It is owned by Zena and her husband Les and helped by her sisters Sharon and Becky. Their aim is to provide a warm welcome and excellent service.
The café is in a restored timber framed building which was once the Essex Arms Public House in Widemarsh Street, Hereford. The building was moved to Queenswood in 1989 following a public appeal which also included the purchase of the Tannery building from Leominster which now houses the Parks, Countryside and Leisure Development offices, the Information Centre and public toilets.
Café opening times
The opening times may vary so please contact the proprietor to check the café will be open during your visit.
The café is usually open:
- Winter: Monday to Sunday 9am to 4pm
- Summer: Monday to Sunday 9am to 4pm
Rear serving hatch is open from 9am to 6pm
Contact the café
For more information please contact the Queenswood Café on 01568 797880, email email@example.com or visit the Queenswood Café website.