Skip to main content

Although the weather has improved there are some roads closed due to surface damage. View the road closures page. If you or your business have been affected by flooding visit the what to do after flooding page.

Close Have you or your business been affected by flooding?

Road closures and diversions

Current road closures and notices as at Tuesday 22 April 2014 at 10.40pm

To view the location of a road on a map, enter the road number in the Explore Herefordshire map search box

* indicates the latest changes to this page.

Road numberAreaCauseRoad condition
A4110 Hereford to Canon Pyon RTC Open*
A449/U67005 Ledbury junction with Cut Throat Lane Flooding Open*
C1014 Trippleton Lane, Leintwardine Road surface damaged Open*
C1115 Shortwood Farm, Little Cowarne Road surface damaged Closed*
C1196 Canon Bridge, Madley Flooding Open*
C1203 Craswell - Hay on Wye (Damaged surface in Powys) Road surface damaged Open*
C1236 Garway House, Garway Road surface damaged Open*
C1273 Foy Road surface damaged Open*
U66010 Felton Court Road, Felton Road surface damaged Closed
U71000 Tresseck Mill Road, Hoarwithy Flooding Closed
U71006 Foy (near Strangford Tip)* Road surface damaged Open
U71015 Winters Cross, Glewstone Road surface damaged Open*
U71031 Caple Avenue, Kings Caple* Sinkhole Open
U71230 Greenway Lane, Whitchurch Road surface damaged Closed
U71400 Llanwarne Road surface damaged Open*
U74007 Between Little Ford and Kentchurch Road surface damaged Closed
U91200 The Yeld, Kington Land slip Closed
U92013 Limebrook Lane, Lingen Road surface damaged Open*
U92210 Jays Lane, Leintwardine Eroded bank damage Closed
U93207 The Pitch, Dilwyn Road surface damaged Closed

This information is based on the latest available reports from council and police sources but is not necessarily comprehensive. Conditions are liable to change at short notice. We advise motorists to take care on all routes and to comply with warning signs.

Subscribe to email and RSS page updates

What are temporary road closures?

If works on the highway, or some large deliveries or events, require the closure of a road, the highway authority must issue a traffic regulation order. These events are likely to be more disruptive to traffic so they require higher levels of coordination and communication.

Herefordshire Council is the highway authority for the majority of the county's roads. This is except for the trunk roads and motorways (A49T, A40T (Ross-on-Wye to Monmouth) and the M50), which are managed by the Highways Agency.

How do I apply for a temporary road closure?

To apply for a temporary road closure, please complete the temporary road closure application form.

How do I apply for a road closure for a street party?

If your street party requires partial or complete closure of a road, you need to apply in advance to our contractor using the application for a temporary road closure form and include the reason for the road closure.

Please give as much notice as possible. This will allow us to properly assess your application and coordinate your closure with any others.

Do I need public liability insurance for a street party?

If you are organising a street party, we advise you to consider obtaining public liability insurance.

Normally, the council does not provide insurance for street parties. However, if the street party is for a national celebration, such as a royal wedding or jubilee, we may provide insurance.

Do I need to apply for a temporary event notice for a street party?

Yes, if your street party involves a bar, band or dancing, you may also require a temporary event notice (cost £21).

This covers up to 500 people attending and you must apply 12 working days in advance of the event.

You can apply online for a temporary event notice.